Behold these pictures. I am blown away how much they improved the already nice graphics. They should have send a poet, indeed!
All in all, there are probably more poets installed at Frontier than programmers? Joking.
- sun glare and details of the sun, as seen in a particular part of it´s spectrum
- Milky Way has now less brownish-yellow halo and a more pink-purple shine; fantastic colour fine tuning
- the planets are now much more smooth and flary; I criticized in the beginning that an 14 years old game like EVE has nicer planets... not anymore!
- simply beautiful!
- this is from the beta1 client, for comparison
- not everything is bright and flary; this view is more night-skyish
- definitely a big difference to how it was in beta
- Milky Way and planet in beta1; much more yellowish-brownish, and in my impression less depth than it is now with the new beta2 client
Well, as for actually accessing the game, patience. They will fix beta2 at some point, and as some posters in the ED forums keep repeating; we have waited 30 years, we can wait a few more hours or days...