Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Friday 10 October 2014

Move on, citizen

... nothing to see here!

This game session is like the last. Initially, with the new 2.05 patch, the hyperjump seemed to work again. Ok one crash, but then it worked. So I went to Aulin and bought the Lakon Type 6. Only 50 tons cargo capacity and 12 ly range. A bit disappointing, a lot of upgrades are still needed. Then there was a 50k transport mission to Band Orbital in the same system. Arriving there, I found 32-ton-racks, boosting my cargo capacity to 100 tons. And a sligthly better frameshift drive. I was able to stack about 10 missions going to Keries and a few more to Opala. Then the mission board was exhausted; only six missions to scattered places or of the "fetch"-type were left. This is new, probably included to prevent the roulette style type of play, where as you accept missions and abort until you are stacked and stuffed with the "right" missions.

But then, alas, it starts again. I want to relog because of the "mass lock" bug, which appears when you install a new frameshift drive. I get stuck in the loading screen. This time, not the beta2 server´s fault, as I realize at some point: my internet broke down. After 15 minutes, it is back working. From then on, I have constant crashes. As a variation, the game also gets stuck in an endless hyperjump. Restarting, and relogging is impeded by a message "cannot connect to server", the second try then works. Sometimes there are graphical glitches. I noted a blue ring floating somewhere ahead of me; a residue from the galaxy map? Restarting the PC does not help either.

After an hour of trying to make something with the game, I give up. Maybe I should have a little break until the next beta version is out. Right now I cannot help feel but a bit muted about my hopes to have a fully implemented and fully working game in late December. But ok, we still have a full November, and things are indeed developing very fast, even with the huge setbacks in this beta2, where a lot of stuff is new, but nothing seems to work as intended. (I was also beta participant of The Elder Scrolls Online, which btw was for free, and if their beta would have been similar faulty than this one here, players and press would have for sure crucified the developer!)

I wonder if I need to reset my save file, starting over again? I would only do this if I was sure it would set things right. And I am not. But maybe I better do it, as a last try, before I set this game aside until the next beta client arrives?

No comments:

Post a Comment