Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Thursday 9 October 2014

Crash-boom-bang

This is a short game session. I start in Rakapila, Stone Enterprises. Still not sure how to continue, I first check if I can finally get hold of an affordable shield system for my Cobra. Nope. Today there is a cheaper one, but it still costs 550k Credits, which is too much for my wallet right now. I wonder how much money I got reimbursed when I sold my shield for that cargo rack? It probably went straight into the improved frameshift drive.

The bulletin board has no interesting missions for me. After one refresh, I take three transport missions to Aulin. Maybe Aulin has an affordable shield system. Once I have one, I could do a few last combat missions before I pass over to a true transporter ship, the Lakon Type 6. Reading from the forum, that ship must have phenomenal jump range from the beginning, and of course I expect a large cargo hold of over 100 units when upgraded. Enough to have a stash of commodities for every possible type of fetch-mission.

All this thinking around made me get sloppy again, and once I arrive in Aulin I have to realize that I twook two missions to Maher Station. This is in I Bootis, not in Aulin. Sigh. I drop off the third one in the second station in this system and then dock at Aulin Enterprises. Nope, no shield. Ok, I accepted those missions, so I might bring them as well to I Bootis, Maher Station. If I find also no shield in Chango Dock in I Bootis, I will go directly for a Lakon 6 and skip the planned part of combat.

Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Not a problem, happens, sometimes. I restart the game, but I am not connected. This is new. It must be a server problem appearing, so there should be several players affected. No post yet, so I start one in the ED forum for bugs. I see there no shitstorm starting, so this does not affect every player, in fact, I seem to be a very tiny minority, with four or five other players who started to have the same problem around the same time.

After a while, I can connect again to the server and the "open play" button turns from red to white. Back in Aulin. Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
My missions are gone from the leftmenu. Sigh. So lets go for the Lakon Type 6. I dock and want to buy it, but it is not possible: "Have to remove cargo first." Aha, there is still the cargo from the missions, marked as "hauling" not as "stolen". This means the missions must still be active, even though I do not see them. It is worth a try, so I undock and head for I Bootis.

Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
In between, I just play the tutorial missions again. Specifically the last one, "Incursion". I never made it, and I still do not make it. Wave 7 onwards just tear me apart. But what I had to note is that fighting the lone Cobra actually has become easier, not more difficult. I regret this, because I still consider myself a noob pilot, and I want the game to be challenging also for well skilled pilots. So, I vote for having the former Cobra AI back.

Then back into the "open play" world. Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
My missions are back in the right menu. Maybe the D-Scan is buggy, which shows as deployed? There once was a bug like this, with the point defense systems. I manage to retract it by switching firegroups. Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
Hm, maybe I Bootis is bugged? Change course for a different system
Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.
Engage hyperjump. Whoosh. Crash on exit. Restart game, not connected. After a while, connected again.

Ok that´s it. No feedback from Frontier about some server problem, only few players affected, what can I do.

I call it a night. May this beta version be a dim memory from the past, soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment