Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Thursday 7 August 2014

Pause and memories

Well, I submitted a ticked concerning the non-refunded Viper early this afternoon. It still registers as "new", even though Frontier promised in the forum "We'll of course endeavour to make this process as brisk as possible." They get this chance until tomorrow evening, but then I want to continue playing. 
When I am into a game, I want to follow it through. I always was like this; for example when I start a good book, I want to finish it, and meals and sleep are about the only things which should get me away from it!

So, I surf a little the internet and am going profit from an early bedtime, for a change. I come across some news on a planned "Aquanox 3" game and had to fire up this ending sequence of the original.

In memoriam, to honor another rare jewel of computer game culture:




Here are the links to the German Prologue and Epilogue, and forgive me that I think the German speaker is simply superb (less like a Robocop as the English speaker is):



Never ever have I experienced a more epic piece of game epilogue. This music, the monologues, the pauses in between where you almost don´t expect anything anymore and still it goes on. I salute to this game´s creators!

I doubt that they could ever achieve again what this game did. However, if they are going to try, they should definitely use latest technology and go for VR with Oculus Rift. I can imagine that an underwater world could extremely profit from the level of presence which VR now can transmit to the player. And they have to realize that this game was never a shooter firsthand, it was rather about the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment