Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Slow maneuvers

It is difficult to switch between construction and just flying spacecraft. In the following session, I try to not get distracted by the former. Works a bit, but I also have a backlog of screenshots of models I was tinkering with...


Here, we get a survey satelite en route to Minmus. Since the Navitas is landed, I want an independend eye in orbit. No mission attached, but the Phoenix spaceplane makes the cost negligible. And, flying spaceplanes is fun!

I again miss the right re-entry spot and have to fly a bit to reach the runway. However, this time, I have enough fuel left!

Proud to announce that I acutally hit the runway in a straight line. Must be because I upgraded and enlarged the runway in the meanwhile; it´s harder to miss now...

The Sagitta class gets now officially launched, for a tourist cruise to Mün and Minmus. The launch uses up some fuel from the nuclear stage, too, so I first want to dock at Orbital Terminal for a refuel.


The last remaining crew on Orbital Terminal, a pilot, also gets transferred. Two tourists want a Mün and Minmus landing, and I want to be able to take surface probes, which tourists cannot do.

In the meanwhile, my first big tourist cruise with the Spacefish nears its end. It enters once more a Mün orbit, and this time, the mission parameters update accordingly. The Spacefish can now bring the tourists back to Kerbin, to earn about half a million credit.

The Sagitta travels to Mün and enters a longer period in orbit. Reason is, there is also a contract for gravity measurements, which I cover by placing the Sagitta into a polar orbit and wait until each navpoint passes under the ship.

The Lander finally gets close to the first rescue mission on a high Minmus orbit. Shortly later, it also reaches the second Kerbonaut in need of rescue in a low Minmus orbit.

There is not much deltaV left, but I take my chances and try to bring the Lander with the two rescued Kerbonauts immediately back, without waiting for a refuel from the Navitas, which is landed at Minmus and mining for fuel. I use Mün as a gravity assisted reduction of the orbit altitude, which works fine. However, I am still not sure the remaining deltaV is enough even then.

So this was some progress along multiple missions, which in my game sessions were taking place in between a lot of time in the construction buildings. Their conclusion is still a bit away but soon I will be able close to "close" a lot of missions.



No comments:

Post a Comment